- Greek Mythology teacher: Does anyone know what a satyr is? *writes "satyr" on chalkboard*
- Girl #1: Isn't that a Jewish thing? Like...food?
- Teacher: Uh...no. That's a seder, different spelling.
- Girl #2: It's the Greek word for satire!
- Teacher: Good guess, but no.
- Me: It's a mythological creature- half man and half goat.
- Teacher: *sigh* Thank you! Haven't any of you guys watched The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe???
Y’know, I’m tired of people saying that Lady Gaga “saved their life” because she inspired them to be themselves.
If you’re being an “individual” because someone else is telling you that you should, doesn’t that kind of defeat the purpose?
Also, I noticed today that H&M now sells hair bows (in natural hair shades as well as black and hot pink) and black lace bunny ear headbands.
SPEAKING OF WHICH.
Copying Lady Gaga does not make you creative or original.
As Billie Joe Armstrong says….
“A guy walks up to me and asks ‘What’s Punk?’. So I kick over a garbage can and say ‘That’s punk!’. So he kicks over a garbage can and says ‘That’s Punk?’, and I say ‘No that’s trendy!”
[Disclaimers: 1.) I do not hate Lady Gaga. In fact, I quite like her. 2.) I am aware that there are people who have been legitimately inspired by her and have improved themselves because of it, and this is obviously not directed at them. 3.) Yes, I am aware that I have been inspired visually by Gaga myself, but I don’t claim to be more original because of it.]